As a patient of the Ingalls Same Day Surgery, you have the right:
- To receive high quality individualized care within the center’s capacity and mission without regard to race, creed, ability or disability, age gender, ethnic or national origin, lifestyle, or ability to pay.
- To receive that care by friendly, considerate, and competent professionals, who through education and experience, strive to provide the best care to you and your family / significant other.
- To know the professional status of any person providing care or services.
- To have your needs for personal privacy in a safe setting, confidentiality of personal and medical information, clear communication, emotional and spiritual support respected.
- To have security for yourself and your personal property.
- To have received sufficient information from your physician regarding diagnosis, treatment options, prognosis, and possible risks and side effects associated with proposed procedure / surgery which allows you to acknowledge informed consent.
- To have a surrogate (parent, legal guardian, person with medical power of attorney) exercise these Patient’s Rights if you are unable to do so.
- To request and receive information regarding your charges, and to receive an explanation of your bill within a reasonable period of time.
- To know the relationship(s) of the organization to either persons or organizations participating in the provision of your care.
- To be informed of the source of reimbursement for your care, and any limitations or constraints which may be placed upon your care.
- To be free from unnecessary use of physical or chemical restraint and/or seclusion as a means of coercion, convenience or retaliation.
- To participate in decisions regarding your treatment. If you are unable to participate in those decisions, then your designated or legal representative shall do so on your behalf.
- To refuse treatment to the extent permitted by law and to be informed of the medical consequences of such a refusal. The patient accepts responsibility for his or her actions should he or she refuse treatment or not follow the instructions of the physician or facility.
- To expect protection of and access to your personal health information according to Ingalls Same Day Surgery Notice of Privacy Practices.
- To voice complaint or concern, without recrimination, regarding your care, to have those complaints reviewed, and, when possible, resolved.
- To be fully informed before any transfer from Ingalls Same Day Surgery to another healthcare facility.